Interactive Pistol and Rifle Range:
All Pistol calibers up to and including the SW500 are permitted on the pistol lanes.
Rifle range calibers .223-.300WinMag
Shotguns are permitted on the Combat Knock
- Targets will be video targets. A pre-determine amount of content will be FREE with lane rental. Paid content to follow at a later date.
- Pistol range cost is $18 per hour or $10 per half hour.
- Pistol range cost to share a lane (in addition to the original range cost) is $9 per hour per person or $5 per half hour per person. (Maximum three people per lane.)
- Handgun Rentals $10 Per Gun, Long Gun Rentals $12 Per Gun
- A pistol/suppressor combination can be rented for $14 per gun per range visit, and rifle/suppressor combination can be rented for $16 range visit.
- Combat Knockdown lanes pricing TBD
- Hand reloaded ammunition is not permitted on the pistol range. Re-manufactured ammunition is allowed.
- Only VRA members can reserve a lane in advance on our pistol lanes.
General Pistol Range Rules:
- Treat all firearms as though they are loaded
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and have decided to fire
- Point muzzle in a safe direction at all times
- Be sure of your target, and what is beyond it
- Women who are pregnant are not permitted on the range
- Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted to use the range, and will be asked to leave
- Ear and eye protection are required at all times while on the range
- Hand made re-loads are not permitted on the pistol range, however re-loads are permitted on the rifle range
- No black powder on the pistol range
- VRA suppressors must be used on VRA rentals, no exceptions
- Keep the firearm pointed down range at all times
- Never go forward of the firing line unless instructed
- Please respect, and follow the instructions of the range officer on duty
- In the event of uncertainty follow all firearm safety precautions, and ask your range officer for assistance
- Everyone has the responsibility for range safety.
- If you have a jam or malfunction that you are unable to clear please call an RSO for assistance.
- When entering the range please take all firearms, ammo, and magazines to the firing line (muzzles pointed in safe direction).
- Once everything is placed at the firing line shooters may place their personal items on the table behind them.
- Magazines can be loaded behind the firing line
- When not shooting, firearms on the firing line should be unloaded magazine removed (semi-auto), cylinder open (revolver), and muzzle(s) pointed in safe direction
- Only one firearm may be loaded on the firing line at a time
- Only two people allowed in a shooting booth at one time, three people total per lane rental
- Three round rapid-fire rule – three shots – pause – three shots – pause, etc.
- Shooters will be on camera.
- No black powder rifles are allowed.
- No steel core ammunition of any kind is allowed.
- No military tracer rounds of any kind are allowed.
- VRA suppressors must be used only on VRA rental guns. No exceptions.
- Ammunition is subject to inspection—no exceptions.
- Shooters will be held responsible for any damages caused by vandalism, irresponsibility, or negligence.
- Shooters must demonstrate adequate accuracy. Vandalia Range & Armory reserves the right to pull any shooters off the range without a refund if deemed necessary.
Have a question about a specific range rule, or why it exists? Just ask, and will be happy to clarify any of the rules we have in place!
- $15 per gun
Appraisals are for value and insurance purposes only. They do not represent a trade-in value at VRA.
100 Corporate Center Drive
Vandalia, OH 45377
5255 S St Road 3
New Castle IN 47362
Hours Of Operation
Monday—Thursday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday—Saturday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Firearm Purchasing Disclaimer:
VRA WILL ONLY SHIP TO VALID FFL DEALERS.
*Firearms cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box*
- The customer is responsible for knowing his/her state laws regarding firearm transfers.
- Contact your local FFL dealer with any questions regarding the sale or transfer of firearms.
- Contact your local FFL before ordering a firearm to verify their transfer fee and to ensure they will receive your transfer.
- The customer assumes all responsibility and cost for returned firearms due to FFL refusal or failure to receive.
If you order a handgun, stockless shotgun, or stripped lower receiver, YOU MUST be:
- A legal resident of the state in which you are ordering.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to complete the transfer through your FFL.
VRA is closed the following holidays:
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Fourth of July (3rd4th)
- Labor Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day