Federal Firearm License Transfers
A Federal Firearm License (FFL) transfer occurs when a firearm or related item is shipped from one gun store or dealer with a FFL to another.
VRA will not accept any transfer items from private individuals or nonFFL dealers. If you purchase a firearm or related item from a private individual, they must take it to a valid FFL dealer for shipping. This allows the FFL dealer to authenticate the sender and package contents. If VRA receives a package from a private individual or nonFFL dealer, we will refuse the package and send it back to its original sender.
If you want VRA to help you purchase a firearm or related item through the FFL transfer process, please follow these steps:
- Once you have purchased your item, please contact Vandalia Range & Armory and provide us with the FFL of the dealer shipping the package, along with the dealer’s contact information. We will then fax or email a copy of our FFL to the dealer. Once they have received the copy of our FFL, the dealer will be able to ship the package to us for processing.
- Notify the FFL dealer to place your contact information in the package with the item, or provide VRA with your name and telephone number prior to delivery, so that we can contact you once the item is ready for pick up.
- Have the FFL dealer place a copy of their FFL and the item in a package and send to:
Vandalia Range and Armory
100 Corporate Center Drive
Vandalia, Ohio 45377
VRA will contact you once we have received the item. Please note that all items must be entered into our inventory and accounted for before transferring can take place. It may take 24 hours to process your item.
Once the item is processed and ready for pickup, you will need to bring a valid driver’s license and complete the standard Form 4473. If your driver’s license address does not match your current address, you must bring a state issued license showing that your name and address match your current residence. State issued documents include, but are not limited to: concealed carry licenses, federal tax forms, hunting licenses, etc.
The transfer fee for firearms and related items is $35 per gun or item. The transfer fee for National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms and related items is $100 per gun or item.
VRA appreciates your cooperation and patience during the FFL transfer process. We will do our best to make the process as quick and easy as possible. If you have any questions, please call us at 937.387.0485, or visit VRA to speak to our sales team. Your business is greatly appreciated, and we look forward to assisting you with your firearm transferring needs.
For more information about Federal Firearm Licenses, please click here.
100 Corporate Center Drive
Vandalia, OH 45377
5255 S St Road 3
New Castle IN 47362
Hours Of Operation
Monday—Thursday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday—Saturday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Firearm Purchasing Disclaimer:
VRA WILL ONLY SHIP TO VALID FFL DEALERS.
*Firearms cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box*
- The customer is responsible for knowing his/her state laws regarding firearm transfers.
- Contact your local FFL dealer with any questions regarding the sale or transfer of firearms.
- Contact your local FFL before ordering a firearm to verify their transfer fee and to ensure they will receive your transfer.
- The customer assumes all responsibility and cost for returned firearms due to FFL refusal or failure to receive.
If you order a handgun, stockless shotgun, or stripped lower receiver, YOU MUST be:
- A legal resident of the state in which you are ordering.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to complete the transfer through your FFL.
VRA is closed the following holidays:
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Fourth of July (3rd4th)
- Labor Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day