VRA features a pistol range with fifteen 25yard lanes and a rifle range with five 100yard lanes.
Customers may shoot any pistol caliber up to and including the Smith & Wesson 500 on our pistol range. They may also shoot any long guns that fire a pistol cartridge—as well as shotguns—on the pistol lanes. Any highpowered rifles (.223. 338 Lapua) must be shot on our rifle range. All VRA ranges are climate controlled.
- Shooters have the ability to set targets at any distance between 1 and 75 feet.
- Pistol range cost is $14 per hour or $8 per halfhour.
- Pistol range cost to share a lane (in addition to the original range cost) is $7 per hour per person or $4 per halfhour per person. (Maximum three people per lane.)
- A pistol/suppressor combination can be rented for $12 per gun per range visit.
- Hand reloaded ammunition is not permitted on the pistol range.
- Only VRA members can reserve a lane in advance on our pistol lanes.
General Pistol Range Rules:
- Treat all firearms as though they are loaded
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and have decided to fire
- Point muzzle in a safe direction at all times
- Be sure of your target, and what is beyond it
- Women who are pregnant are not permitted on the range
- Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted to use the range, and will be asked to leave
- Ear and eye protection are required at all times while on the range
- Hand made re-loads are not permitted on the pistol range, however re-loads are permitted on the rifle range
- No black powder on the pistol range
- VRA suppressors must be used on VRA rentals, no exceptions
- Keep the firearm pointed down range at all times
- Never go forward of the firing line unless instructed
- Please respect, and follow the instructions of the range officer on duty
- In the event of uncertainty follow all firearm safety precautions, and ask your range officer for assistance
- Everyone has the responsibility for range safety.
- If you have a jam or malfunction that you are unable to clear please call an RSO for assistance.
- When entering the range please take all firearms, ammo, and magazines to the firing line (muzzles pointed in safe direction).
- Once everything is placed at the firing line shooters may place their personal items on the table behind them.
- Magazines can be loaded behind the firing line
- When not shooting, firearms on the firing line should be unloaded magazine removed (semi-auto), cylinder open (revolver), and muzzle(s) pointed in safe direction
- Only one firearm may be loaded on the firing line at a time
- Only two people allowed in a shooting booth at one time, three people total per lane rental
- Three round rapid fire rule – three shots – pause – three shots – pause, etc.
- Targets are to be attached to the target backer below the tape line (pistol lanes only)
Have a question about a specific range rule, or why it exists? Just ask, and will be happy to clarify any of the rules we have in place!
- An electronic monitor at the firing line scores shots.
- Our rifle range preferred calibers are .223 to .338 Lapua. If you have a rifle/caliber you are uncertain about shooting, please ask one our staff in advance and we will be happy to assist you.
- Rifle range cost is $18 per hour or $10 per halfhour.
- A rifle/suppressor combination can be rented for $15 per gun per range visit.
- Rifle range cost to share a lane (in addition to the original range cost) is $10 per hour per person or $6 per halfhour per person. (Maximum three people per lane.)
- Both VRA members and nonmembers can reserve a lane in advance for our rifle range.
- When entering the range please take all firearms, ammo, and magazines to the firing line (muzzles pointed down range).
- Once everything is placed at the line shooters can place their personal items on the table behind them.
- Magazines can be loaded behind the firing line, but all firearms will remain at the line. All guns will be loaded at the firing line.
General Rifle Range Rules and Guidelines (In addition to the rules above):
- Shooters will be on camera.
- No black powder rifles are allowed.
- No steel core ammunition of any kind is allowed.
- No military tracer rounds of any kind are allowed.
- VRA suppressors must be used only on VRA rental guns. No exceptions.
- Ammunition is subject to inspection—no exceptions.
- AK47 rifles must have an optic on them. No open sights.
- Shooters will be held responsible for any damages caused by vandalism, irresponsibility, or negligence.
- Shooters must have their rifles bore sighted prior to shooting. VRA will assist with or provide this service.
- Shooters must demonstrate adequate accuracy. Vandalia Range & Armory reserves the right to pull any shooters off the range without a refund if deemed necessary.
Have a question about a specific range rule, or why it exists? Just ask, and we will be happy to clarify any of the rules we have in place!
- $15 per gun
- Appraisals are for value and insurance purposes only. They do not represent a tradein value at VRA.
100 Corporate Center Drive
Vandalia, OH 45377
5255 S St Road 3
New Castle IN 47362
Hours Of Operation
Monday—Thursday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday—Saturday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Firearm Purchasing Disclaimer:
VRA WILL ONLY SHIP TO VALID FFL DEALERS.
*Firearms cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box*
- The customer is responsible for knowing his/her state laws regarding firearm transfers.
- Contact your local FFL dealer with any questions regarding the sale or transfer of firearms.
- Contact your local FFL before ordering a firearm to verify their transfer fee and to ensure they will receive your transfer.
- The customer assumes all responsibility and cost for returned firearms due to FFL refusal or failure to receive.
If you order a handgun, stockless shotgun, or stripped lower receiver, YOU MUST be:
- A legal resident of the state in which you are ordering.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to complete the transfer through your FFL.
VRA is closed the following holidays:
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Fourth of July (3rd4th)
- Labor Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day