VRA features a pistol range with fifteen 25yard lanes and a rifle range with five 100yard lanes.
Customers may shoot any pistol caliber up to and including the Smith & Wesson 500 on our pistol range. They may also shoot any long guns that fire a pistol cartridge—as well as shotguns—on the pistol lanes. Any highpowered rifles (.223. 338 Lapua) must be shot on our rifle range. All VRA ranges are climate controlled.
- Shooters have the ability to set targets at any distance between 1 and 75 feet.
- Pistol range cost is $14 per hour or $8 per halfhour.
- Pistol range cost to share a lane (in addition to the original range cost) is $7 per hour per person or $4 per halfhour per person. (Maximum three people per lane.)
- A pistol/suppressor combination can be rented for $12 per gun per range visit.
- Hand reloaded ammunition is not permitted on the pistol range.
- Only VRA members can reserve a lane in advance on our pistol lanes.
General Pistol Range Rules:
- Treat all firearms as though they are loaded
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and have decided to fire
- Point muzzle in a safe direction at all times
- Be sure of your target, and what is beyond it
- Women who are pregnant are not permitted on the range
- Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol are not permitted to use the range, and will be asked to leave
- Ear and eye protection are required at all times while on the range
- Hand made re-loads are not permitted on the pistol range, however re-loads are permitted on the rifle range
- No black powder on the pistol range
- VRA suppressors must be used on VRA rentals, no exceptions
- Keep the firearm pointed down range at all times
- Never go forward of the firing line unless instructed
- Please respect, and follow the instructions of the range officer on duty
- In the event of uncertainty follow all firearm safety precautions, and ask your range officer for assistance
- Everyone has the responsibility for range safety
Have a question about a specific range rule, or why it exists? Just ask, and will be happy to clarify any of the rules we have in place!
- An electronic monitor at the firing line scores shots.
- Our rifle range preferred calibers are .223 to .338 Lapua. If you have a rifle/caliber you are uncertain about shooting, please ask one our staff in advance and we will be happy to assist you.
- Rifle range cost is $18 per hour or $10 per halfhour.
- A rifle/suppressor combination can be rented for $15 per gun per range visit.
- Rifle range cost to share a lane (in addition to the original range cost) is $10 per hour per person or $6 per halfhour per person. (Maximum three people per lane.)
- Both VRA members and nonmembers can reserve a lane in advance for our rifle range.
General Rifle Range Rules and Guidelines (In addition to the rules above):
- Shooters will be on camera.
- No black powder rifles are allowed.
- No steel core ammunition of any kind is allowed.
- No military tracer rounds of any kind are allowed.
- VRA suppressors must be used only on VRA rental guns. No exceptions.
- Ammunition is subject to inspection—no exceptions.
- AK47 rifles must have an optic on them. No open sights.
- Shooters will be held responsible for any damages caused by vandalism, irresponsibility, or negligence.
- Shooters must have their rifles bore sighted prior to shooting. VRA will assist with or provide this service.
- Shooters must demonstrate adequate accuracy. Vandalia Range & Armory reserves the right to pull any shooters off the range without a refund if deemed necessary.
Have a question about a specific range rule, or why it exists? Just ask, and we will be happy to clarify any of the rules we have in place!
- $15 per gun
- Appraisals are for value and insurance purposes only. They do not represent a tradein value at VRA.
100 Corporate Center Drive
Vandalia, OH 45377
5255 S St Road 3
New Castle IN 47362
Hours Of Operation
Monday—Thursday, 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Friday—Saturday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Sunday, 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Firearm Purchasing Disclaimer:
VRA WILL ONLY SHIP TO VALID FFL DEALERS.
*Firearms cannot be shipped to a P.O. Box*
- The customer is responsible for knowing his/her state laws regarding firearm transfers.
- Contact your local FFL dealer with any questions regarding the sale or transfer of firearms.
- Contact your local FFL before ordering a firearm to verify their transfer fee and to ensure they will receive your transfer.
- The customer assumes all responsibility and cost for returned firearms due to FFL refusal or failure to receive.
If you order a handgun, stockless shotgun, or stripped lower receiver, YOU MUST be:
- A legal resident of the state in which you are ordering.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to complete the transfer through your FFL.
VRA is closed the following holidays:
- New Years Eve
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Fourth of July (3rd4th)
- Labor Day (Sunday—Monday)
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day